At Four Dwellings Primary Academy,we acknowledge that Physical Education (PE) and physical activity, experienced in a safe, supportive and stimulating environment, plays a unique and crucial role in the physical development, health and well-being of our children. Accordingly, we place a high value on high-quality PE, physical activity and extra-curricular sports provision, laying the foundation for an active and healthy lifestyle and a life-long love of sport and physical activity.
At Four Dwellings Primary Academy, we are committed to:
· Reflecting the school’s overall vision, aims and ethos through PE and sport.
· Extensively raising the profile of PE and sport across school, using them as a tool for whole school improvement.
· Ensuring our children access a broad, engaging and inspiring PE curriculum and extra-curricular programme which focuses on the
children enjoying active and healthy lifestyles, and experiencing competition.
· Exposing our children to a wide range of sports and physical activities, and in doing so, developing well-rounded knowledge,
understanding and skill base in every child.
· Developing an understanding in all children of how to improve their performance and succeed in a range of sports and physical
activities, and how to evaluate their own and others’ success.
· Developing personal qualities/skills through PE and physical activity such as determination, resilience, co-operation, self-esteem, self-
belief, leadership and motivation, together with teamwork and positive attitudes to physical activity.
· Ensuring physical activity opportunities and experiences within and beyond the school day are easily accessed and sustainable.
· Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which to be active and learn, promoting an understanding of safe practice and
developing a sense of responsibility towards the safety of themselves and others.
· Promoting and supporting the health and well-being of our children, their families, staff and the wider community, engaging them in
· Working in partnership with Academies Enterprise Trust, our School Sports Partnership, local schools and other high-quality
external providers to support and enrich our PE and sport provision, providing a broader range of activities for our children and
increasing the capabilities our teaching and support staff.
· Providing or signposting gifted and talented children to specialist support.